The Men of St. James the Less - Welcome!
The Men of St. James the Less is a group of friends drawn together by their shared social, cultural and spiritual values. Continuing a history started in 1720, the men of today’s St James The Less Episcopal Church in Scarsdale can be found:
• Taking pride in their Church through painting work bees;
• Bonding with their sons at mid-winter hockey and sledding;
• Revitalizing history with re-enactments of the Passion and Underground Railroad;
• Leading discussions of C.S. Lewis’ Screwtape Letters;
• Rebuilding quake-stricken Haitian schools and mobilizing Staten Island hurricane relief;
• Writing sonnets and villanelles just for kicks;
• Retracing Christ’s steps on Lake Galilee beaches;
• Sinking successive three-point fading jumpers;
• Indulging in Mardi Gras and fasting in Lent;
• Participating Midnight Run forays to the City;
• Giving dignity to the elderly and ill through practical handyman service at home;
Running like a thread through it all is an enduring faith in God as revealed through Jesus Christ.